How to Pick Out a Replacement Hub for a Trailer
can you tell me what replacement hub/bearing/seals combo kit I need? The hub had numbers but were to hard to read and determine what the numbers once were due to rust. Thank you.
asked by: Cody V
In order to pick out the correct hub assembly for a trailer you are going to need know a few key pieces of information. The first thing you will need to know is the bolt pattern of your hubs. This is so you get a hub that is compatible with your wheels. I attached an FAQ article on determining bolt pattern for you to check out.
Next thing you will need to know is what spindle you have on your trailer. In order to do that you can either get the inner and outer bearing numbers from a hub or use a dial caliper to get exact measurements of the spindle. The measurements needed are the parts of the spindle where the bearings ride. The pictures you submitted show a race part # L44610 and a spindle with a 1.00 inch diameter. But with only that info I can't get you exactly what you would need. You are on the right track though.
If you get back to me with that information I will help you pick out the right hub assemblies. Or, you can follow the link I attached that will take you to the page that has all of our replacement hubs.
You would want to first select the bolt pattern that you have, next select the inner bearing you have, followed by selecting your outer bearing, and then all the correct hubs will be listed.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Needing Replacement Spindle for 1993 Jackson 3 Horse Slant Trailer
- Trailer Spindle that Works with BT100 Hubs
- Spindle for a CE Smith Trailer Idler Hub Assembly w/ L44649 Bearings
- How Long is Spindle # TRU94FR
- Replacement Spindle for Stripped Threads on Folding Trailer
- Constructing an Axle from Pipe and Spindle for Use on Homemade Trailer
- Can I Bolt Or Weld An Axle And Hub, Then Install A Tire And Wheel To A Square Piece Of Tubing
- How to Remove a Hub from a Ram Line Jet Boat Trailer with Damaged Bearings.
- Recommended Trailer Parts For 1-1/4 Inch #TRU94FR Trailer Spindle
- Availability Of a 3/4 Diameter Spindle For 8 Wheels With Integral Hubs
- What Spindle Does Trailer Hub AKIHUB-440-2-1K Fit
- How to Pick Out a Replacement Trailer Hub
- Trailer Axle Solution for Small Welding Trailer with Narrow Wheelbase
- Replacement Trailer Spindle for L44643 Inner and Outer Bearings
- Assembly Order for Bearings, Races, and Seals for Trailer Hub # 34822BX
- Are Replacement Spindles Available for a 1995 Stratos Boat Trailer
- Bearing Kit Replacement for BT-100 Trailer Hub
- Replacement Hub Assembly For Utility Trailer
- How Many Sides Comes with the BT8 Spindle for 2,000-lb Trailer Axles
- Recommended Spindle and Idler Hub for 2,000 Pound Axle
- Determining if 2,000 lb Axle Needs 1-1/4 inch or 1-3/8 inch BT8 Spindle
- How to Determine What Replacement Bearings are Needed When Bearing Numbers arent Present
- Availability of Trailer Hub to Fit Older Short Spindle on Boat Trailer
- Replacement Spindle for Procraft Trailer
- Replacement Grease Seals for Hub with Bearings L68149 and L44649
- What is Best Way to Have Trailer Spindles Installed on Axle
- Hub with Bearings that Fits BT8 2k Axle Trailer Spindle TRU94FR
- What Spindle Does the Trailer Hub # AKIHUB-545-2-1K
- Which 5 Bolt Hub Assembly is Recommended for Use with the Redline Spindle # TRU94FR