Will the Thule Sport 15-CAV Fit A 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee With Factory Installed Roof Bars
I have a thule sport 15 cav, but it doesnt seem to be wide enough for my factory installed roof bars, that run long ways. I dont have cross bars. Is there a adapter mounting bracket available?
asked by: Rick S
Helpful Expert Reply:
The Thule Sport 15-CAV you referenced can work with your 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Adding any type of roof box will always require crossbars.
I recommend the Thule roof rack that consists of the SquareBars # TH712200 and Evo raised rail feet # TH710401.
Anytime you are going to haul cargo on the roof of your 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, you will want to check the owners manual or with the Jeep dealer for what the roof capacity is for your vehicle. The roof capacity will let you know how many pounds you will be able to haul on the roof of your vehicle.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Roof Rack
- Square Bars
- 47 Inch Bar Space
- 2 Bars
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: 2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness Roof Rack Recommendation
- Q&A: Comparing Thule AeroBlade Crossbars vs WingBar Evo Crossbars
- Q&A: Recommended Thule Crossbars and Feet Kit for a 2024 Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit For 2024 Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness
- Q&A: Recommended Roof Rack For a 2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness With Factory Roof Rails
- Q&A: Crossbar Recommendation for Truck with Retrax Tonneau Channels
- Q&A: Best Crossbars for a 2013 Ford Flex with Raised Roof Side Rails
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Article: How to Install a Roof Rack
- Article: How to Use a Roof Rack (Like a Boss)
- Article: How to Tie a Ladder to a Roof Rack
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Basics of Cargo Nets and Tarps