Availability of 16K Fifth Wheel for 2015 Dodge Ram 3500 with Factory Rails
I have a 2015 Ram 3500 long bed and the factory installed 5th wheel package pre drilled holes with pucks. Your website is directing me to the Curt C16545-16021 which has a 24,000lb GTW. What about a product for my truck with a 16,000lb GTW? Thanks in advance.
asked by: Mark
Helpful Expert Reply:
I spoke with my contact at Curt and he confirmed that you want part # C16520-16021 with your 2015 Ram 3500 8 foot bed with factory rail kit. This fifth wheel hitch has a 16,000-pound weight capacity. The legs are specially designed to attach to the receivers in your Ram's factory, underbed 5th-wheel towing prep package. The legs mount in the factory sockets.
The rounded 2-piece jaw prevents rattle and movement by wrapping around the king pin while the head pivots side to side and front to back for smooth towing and simple hookup. The head is also cushioned to absorb road shock.
I have included a video review of part # C16520-16021 for you to check out.
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Weight of B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch # BWRVK3600
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Curt A16 5th Wheel hitch Vs. B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch for 2022 Ford F-250 short bed w/ OEM Prep
- Article: 5th Wheel Hitch Installation | The Ultimate DIY Guide
- Q&A: Recommended Fifth Wheel Setup for 2020 Ram 2500 With Rambox
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: Best Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch For A 2015 Ram 2500 With 6-1/2 Foot Bed
- Q&A: Does Curt Q25 Fifth Wheel Hitch Fit Short and Long Bed 2021 Ram 2500 with OEM Rail Kit
- Q&A: Differences Between Curt Fifth Wheel Hitches for 2018 Ram 2500
- Article: Hitch Adapters and Extenders
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Gooseneck Trailer Hitch Information and Review
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups