Does Installing a Hitch on a 2015 Acura RDX Automatically Void Vehicle Warranty
I got a new 2015 Acura RDX, just wandering will this void the manufactory warranty from Acura?
asked by: Orpheu
Installing a hitch on your 2015 Acura RDX will not have any warranty implications if the hitch is installed as outlined in the instructions and used within the weight bearing capabilities of the vehicle.
Consumers of aftermarket products are protected by the Federal Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. The Act states that if something breaks on your vehicle and you take it in for warranty repair, the dealer must honor your warranty unless whatever modifications you have added to your vehicle actually caused the problem in question.
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Clean Weld Nuts for the Installation of a Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between the Hollywood Racks Trail Rider and Sport Rider?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Is Drilling Needed to Install etrailer Trailer Hitch on 2018 Acura RDX
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Article: Rust Prevention
- Q&A: Torque Spec for etrailer Trailer Hitch on 2018 Acura MDX
- Q&A: Comparing Thule Hitching Post and Yakima Ridgeback
- Q&A: Comparing Curt and Draw Tite Trailer Hitches for 2019 Acura RDX
- Q&A: Difference Between Curt and etrailer Trailer Hitch Receivers for 2020 Chevy Colorado
- Q&A: Can the Curt Trailer Hitch Be Used To Jack the Vehicle Up While On a 2017 Honda CR-V
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Article: 2022 Best Stocking Stuffers
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules