Performance Products and Coolers
Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- Transmission Cooler for 2007 Chevy Suburban with 5.3L V8 Engine
On your 2007 Chevy Suburban with the 5.3L V8 you can install any transmission cooler that can fit in the available space in front of the A/C condenser. This is the best location to mount one. Coolers are not vehicle-specific so any cooler for which… view full answer...
- Will The MagnaFlow Muffler, #MF12468, Fit A 2001 GMC Sierra C-3 Short Bed 6.0 V-8
Because the 2001 GMC C-3 Truck is a limited version of the Sierra model, Magnaflow does not list a fitment for that vehicle. The MagnaFlow Muffler, #MF12468, you have referenced is a universal muffler that is 5 inches tall and 8 inches wide and 24… view full answer...
- Which is Louder Magnaflow Flow Through Muffler or Flowmaster 40 Series
The MagnaFlow Stainless Steel, Straight-Through Universal Muffler #MF12588 is a straight through style of muffler whereas the Flowmaster 40 Series is a chambered style. Flow through mufflers are always louder than chambered mufflers so the part… view full answer...
- 7-Way RV Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram
When wiring a trailer connector, it is best to wire by function, as wire colors can vary. We have an excellent wiring diagram on our website, I will provide you a link so you can look at it. If you are looking at the inside of the trailer connector… view full answer...
- Weight and Length of the MagnaFlow Stainless Steel, Tru-X Universal Muffler #MF12469
The MagnaFlow Stainless Steel, Tru-X Universal Muffler #MF12469 that you referenced weighs 15 lbs. The body of this is 18 inches in length, for a longer version you would want the part #MF12599 which has 22 inches of body length but also weighs 27… view full answer...
- Is the Outlet Diameter Measurement Listed for Magnaflow Mufflers Or is it the Inner Diameter
The inlet/outlet/tubing diameters listed from Magnaflow are OD, outer diameter, not ID, inner diameter. If your tubing is 2.5 OD you will have to butt-weld the muffler to the exhaust tubing, the exhaust pipe will not slide into the muffler. Any… view full answer...
- Best Way To Increase Horsepower And Torque In A 2017 GMC Sierra 5.3L V8
The best way to not only maximize but increase horsepower and torque on your 2017 GMC Sierra 5.3L V8 would involve installing a cold air intake, performance exhaust system, in addition to a performance chip tuner. Using these components will allow… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a Resonator Exhaust Tip and a Regular Exhaust Tip
A resonator exhaust tip can be considered as a cavity resonator in which the design causes the air to vibrate a certain way in a hollow cavity which produces a certain sound. They can be used in some systems to work with the muffler to reduce noise.… view full answer...
- Will a Resonator Exhaust Tip Make My Car Sound Louder
Using a resonated exhaust tip such as part #PM-5104 would make the exhaust sound more crackly, for lack of a better term, than the stock exhaust and it might be slightly louder. A resonator exhaust tip causes the air to vibrate a certain way in a… view full answer...
- Does Length of Glass Pack/Resonator Affect Tone of Exhaust
The length of a glass pack is going to basically only to affect loudness. The longer the glasspack the quieter it will be. The shorter it is the louder it will be. In general glass packs have a low, soft tone. Most of the highs will be totally cut… view full answer...
- Are MagnaFlow XL Turbo Series Mufflers Quieter than Straight Pipes
Yes, the MagnaFlow muffler #MF13740 actually does have baffles to reduce exhaust noise. They will be quieter than the straight pipes you have now. This particular muffler is 7 inches in diameter and 40 inches long overall. The fat part of the body is… view full answer...