Vehicle Accessories for Hunting
Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- How to Determine Correct Ball Mount Rise or Drop for Towing a Trailer with a 17 Inch Coupler Height
Normally trailer coupler height is around 17 inches, from the ground to the bottom of the coupler, and most hitch manufacturers design their hitches to work with a ball mount that will end up very close to this measurement. I am including a link to… view full answer...
- How to Select Trailer Tires with Correct Load Range Rating for Trailer Gross Weight
Your math is correct in your trailer weight load example. If a fully-loaded tandem axle trailer weighs 4000-lbs then each of the 4 tires will bear 1/4th of that load, or 1000-lbs. In this case a tire rated for 1300-lbs would provide a good safety… view full answer...
- How To Connect 4-Way Flat Vehicle Connector To 7-Way on Trailer
To connect your vehicle that has a 4-Way flat connector to your trailer that has a 7-Way connector, you will need to install a 7-Way on the rear of your vehicle. If you just want or need the tail light functions to operate on your trailer you will… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. A 7-Way has these functions and a 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer… view full answer...
- Curt 24X 60 Cargo Carrier Compatibility With Carrying Deer When Hunting
The 24x60 Curt Cargo Carrier for 2" Hitches - Steel - Folding - 500 lbs #C18153 can be used to transport many things...including your trophy buck. I have absolutely seen them used for transporting deer. Some people will use a tarp like #EM57022… view full answer...
- How to Wire Electric Brakes on a Tandem Axle Trailer
If your trailer has 7 wires running all the way back to the brakes, then yes, you can tap into the existing wiring. Each of your new brakes will have two wires for the brake magnet. One wire is for 12 volt power to the brake magnets and the other… view full answer...
- How Long Is the Cable Included with the Viking Solutions Rack Jack Magnum Hoist 310-VMH001
The cable that is included with the Viking Solutions Rack Jack Magnum Hoist with Winch for 2" Hitches part #310-VMH001 is 32-1/2 foot long, not 32-1/2 inches long. Therefore, it will reach the ground for flat and heavy objects. I have attached a… view full answer...
- Viking Solutions 300 lbs. Capacity SwiveLift Steel Hitch-Mounted Lift
The Viking Solutions SwiveLift, part #310-VSL001, actually travels 30 inches from its lowest point to its highest point. The platform can lower up to 15 inches below the bottom of the horizontal receiver tube and then raise up to 30 inches above… view full answer...
- Is a 1-1/4 to 2 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver Adapter Recommended for Use with a 2 inch Cargo Carrier
I would discourage the use of an adapter for use of 2 inch accessories in 1-1/4 inch trailer hitch receivers. The reason is that the adapter places the carrier farther away from the rear of the vehicle and hitch, creating additional torque that 1-1/4… view full answer...
- Recommended Way to Help Lift Rooftop Tent Off Of Roof
I do have an option for you but there is not a longer arm that can be added to the Viking Solutions Rack Jack II Hoist part #310-VRJ001. There is also not a hoist that offers more lift than this so your only other option would be some sort of pulley… view full answer...
- Parts Needed to Install Erickson ATV E-Track Tie-Down Kit EM09160 on Steel Grid Trailer Deck
Yes, you absolutely can mount the Erickson ATV E-Track Tie-Down Kit #EM09160 to a trailer with a steel grid deck. All you'll want to do is add two of the steel backing plate, part #BPEZ, to ensure the load is well distributed across the deck… view full answer...