Bike Racks and Bike Accessories
Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- Comparing Hollywood Racks Destination vs. Swagman XTC 4-Bike Rack
The Swagman XTC4 4-Bike Rack #S64665 and Hollywood Racks Destination 4-Bike Rack #HR4000 are two of the best values in regards to 4-bike racks, and when taking everything into consideration I highly recommend the Destination #HR4000. There are a… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
The difference between the Class II and Class III hitches has to do with their Gross Trailer Weight (GTW), their Tongue Weight (TW), and their Hitch Receiver Size. Class II trailer hitch receivers have a 1-1/4 inch receiver and can be rated up to… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between Class 1 and Class 2 Hitches for the Scion XB
Class I and Class II hitches both have a 1-1/4 inch receiver opening. The difference is that a Class I hitch has a lower tongue weight rating, usually 200 pounds and a lower towing rating, usually 2,000 pounds. A Class II hitch usually has a tongue… view full answer...
- Differences Between Thule EasyFold and EasyFold XT
The Thule EasyFold XT #TH903202 is the latest version of the Thule EasyFold TH9032 and there are a few upgrades to what is already considered by many to be the best bike rack available, due in large part to its quality of life features. It still has… view full answer...
- Comparing Weight of Inno Tire Hold 4 Bike Platform Rack and Saris MTR 4 Bike Platform Rack
The Inno Tire Hold 4 Bike Platform Rack part #INH142 is listed as having a carrier weight of 118 lbs which is the full weight of the carrier without packaging. The Inno Tire Hold 4 Bike Platform Rack is very durable and well made but with this comes… view full answer...
- Comparing the Yakima HoldUp and Yakima HoldUp EVO
The differences between the Yakima HoldUp #Y02443-2 and the HoldUp EVO #Y02479-2 include an integrated SpeedKnob to take out movement of the bike rack, an easier system for tilting the bike rack, and the ability to fatt fat bike tires (up to 5"… view full answer...
- Comparing the Saris Freedom and Yakima FourTimer 4 Bike Platform Racks
Both the Saris Freedom 4, part #SA4414B and the Yakima FourTimer, part #Y02469 are great racks and they do have a few differences. In looking at the racks, the distance can vary by quite a bit based on what vehicle the racks are installed from. When… view full answer...
- Reversing the Cradles on the Swagman Current for More Clearance
Interesting solution you thought of there to get extra clearance. There should be no issue with the Swagman Current #S64678 when it is folded up, but when it is down and bikes are mounted, that's a different story. The reasons the wheel cradles… view full answer...
- Comparing Thule Classic T2 vs Thule T2 Pro XT
The Thule T2 Classic 2 Bike Platform Rack #TH9044 and the Thule T2 Pro XTB 2 Bike Platform Rack #TH9034XT are very similar. The differences are in the maximum wheelbase being 2-1/2 inches longer totaling 50-1/2 inches and there being more space… view full answer...
- Choosing Between 1-1/4-Inch Class II Hitch and 2-Inch Class III Hitch for 2014 Mazda CX-5
The actual weight difference between the Class III hitches for your CX-5 and the 1-1/4-inch Class II hitches like #36601 is the same 2-lb difference as between their shipping weights. The weight of the packaging for both hitch classes is essentially… view full answer...
- Recommended 4-Bike Platform Rack That Allows 2012 Lexus GX 460 to Open Rear Door
Thank you for all the information, it was very helpful. I went to our demo room to take some measurements of the Swagman XTC-4 #S64665 and based on those would not be able to confirm it would allow a 2012 Lexus GX 460 to open the rear door. If you… view full answer...